TVA Retirement System Board of Directors
- TVARS was established by the TVA Board in 1939 to provide retirement benefits for TVA employees.
- When the TVA Board established TVARS, it also approved the Rules and Regulations of the TVA Retirement System, which constitute the legal charter under which TVARS operates and have the force and effect of Federal law.
- TVARS is a Federal agency and separate legal entity from TVA.
- TVARS is governed by its own board of directors consisting of seven members: three appointed by TVA, three elected by and from active employees who are members of TVARS, and a seventh selected by the other six who is a TVA retiree.
- TVARS administers a defined benefit (pension) plan and a 401(k) plan, the Tennessee Valley Authority Savings and Deferral Retirement Plan, which cover most full-time and part-time annual TVA employees.